Sunday, January 28, 2018
Speaker: Ron Hunka
Series: Interesting Stories from the Past
36 Definitions Of Love, According To Urban Dictionary
- Unless we decide to make changes in our life, changes that are based on God’s power & not our own, we will be the same person throughout our life
- God made him (Jesus) who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God (2 Cor 5:21)
- Do you struggle with intimacy?
- How long has it been since you sat together in the same room with a TV or smart phone, & not turned on the tv or went online but talked?
- How long has it been since you asked them if anything was bothering them?
- How long has it been since you shared a secret with them?
- How long has it been since you got so wrapped up in a conversation with them that you lost all track of time?
- Or wrote an email / text to them just for fun?
- Or offered to rub them somewhere in a non-sexual way?
- It takes 2 people to build intimacy, and it takes time to gain access to someone’s soul so you know their thoughts their feelings & their needs
- Samson enjoyed humiliating the Philistines
- Samson loved Delilah but Delilah did not love Samson
- Delilah was offered over 100 lbs of silver to betray him
- At times our love can blind us so we cannot see things objectively about those we love
- We need to be aware of any patterns that develop between us and our spouse because these patterns are trying to tell us something that we are not aware of
- Being aware of these patterns helps us make healthier choices in our lives
- Samson was warming up to God on the inside
- God saw something in Samson that he liked
- God is love (1Jn 4:8)
- God has loved us with an everlasting love (Jer 31:3)
- Nothing in all creation -will ever be able to separate us from the love of God in Jesus Christ (Rom 8:38-39)
- God will never abandon those He loves!